Friday, October 16, 2009

So it's October now, I know, I'm a bad, bad blogger!

Sorry for not updating in over a month, things have just been busy, busy, busy! So I guess I should start by sharing my most recent appointment with Marie, which was my 38 week appointment this last Monday, the 12th...

Fundal height: Measuring at 39 weeks, now only a week ahead, things are slowing down a bit since I am getting to the end of this journey, woohoo!

Total weight gain: 21 pounds, pretty happy with this.

Blood pressure: It's getting a bit higher than normal since I'm at the end, I think it was 130-something over 70-something

Fetal heart tones: 140's-150's, perfecto!

Complains/Ailments from me: HAHA! Do you REALLY want me to get into this? I'll spare you a novel and just say I'm not too comfy at this point, lol!

Baby boy's postition: Head down, although he was liking to do flips in the last few weeks, little stinker! Marie says he is pretty centered over my pelvis at this point but he is still "floating"

Oh, and I will add that even though Marie doesn't do routine cervical checks, she did check me on Monday and I was at a very stretchy 2cm, VERY soft and about 80% effaced...doesn't really mean a whole lot as far as when labor is going to be but it's nice to know that my body is getting ready for the big day.

Next appointment: Monday Oct. 19th at 6:30pm, I'll be 39 weeks, wow!

Alright, so I have obviously been very busy in the last month and a half, busy enough not to update my blog anyway lol! Right before I turned 36 weeks, I had a baby shower over is Spokane and it was amazing, I had a great time and I think everyone else did too. It was sooo great to see my family and my friends, I was very happy that Marie let me take this trip, she almost didn't just because of being in my last month and the pre-term labor I had in August. We recieved alot of wonderful gifts for the baby and it was just an overall very fun shower!

I have pretty much just been getting all the baby stuff put together and washed up in preparation for this little guy to get here, all while trying to spend quality time with my kids and enjoy being a mom of two while I still can. I have been having bouts of nesting, it's like a rollercoaster, one day I will get a whole bunch of stuff cleaned and done and the next day I don't wanna move...it's pretty much been like that since around 34 weeks or so.

Well, I guess that's all for now...I have more stuff to write about but honestly don't feel like sitting here that long to type it all out, LOL! I will try to keep this thing updated as best as I can and not go a month in between posting! Thanks for reading!

1 comment:

  1. Wow girl! I can't believe he is almost here! Sooo what's his name?

    Caiden was floating like that and did flips until my last two wekks he finally settled, but he was still floating because there was a big pocket of water under his head. lol.

    Sounds like you are doing well besides being way uncomfortable. I know how that goes! Awesome you only gained 21 lbs. You won't have much, if anything, to lose once he pops out!

    I hope your b/p doesn't get any higher and that labor and delivery goes well. You better keep me (us) up to date!!!

    I'm glad your baby shower went well. Fun stuff! I'm so excited for you guys and can't wait to meet the little guy. :)

    Take care and we need to chat soon. :)

    ReplyDelete