Monday, August 31, 2009

32 weeks pregnant! 8 weeks left..give or take a couple weeks!

I had my 32 week check-up today with my midwife, here's the stats:

Fundal Height: Today I measured at 33 weeks, a week ahead as usual

Total Weight Gain: 15 pounds

Blood Pressure: 126/68

Fetal Heart Tones: 130's-150's, excellent

Complaints/Ailments from me: pubic bone pain(what's new, lol), decreased appetite, insomnia

Baby Boy's Position: Head down, head in my right hip area, bottom under my ribs on left side.

Next Appointment: Monday, September 14th at 6:30pm, I will be 34 weeks pregnant!

My appointment went very well today...we followed up on my little trip to the hospital, rewind to yesterday: I ended up going to Labor and Delivery at St. Joseph's Medical Center in Tacoma due to contractions and lack of movement from little baby boy....he instantly started moving and kicking and hiccuping as soon as they put the monitor on, I was relieved, but I was contracting regularly for some unknown reason so they ended up giving me 2 shots of terbutaline(a drug used to stop contractions), checked my cervix (I'm dilated to 1/2cm, no big deal), monitored me for a bit longer and decided I was fine to go home.

Anyway, back to my appointment......I am always FULL of questions, so we talked for quite awhile today, we discussed me writing up a birth plan and the different options I have, we talked about some game plans as far as getting me to go into labor on my own when that time comes and quite a few other things. I got some new vitamins and supplements from her today also. Things are going just fine other than the little detour we took last night but I am confident that I will have the birth experience that I am wanting and a very healthy little baby in my arms within the next 8-10 weeks!

Keep checking back, this is when it starts to get interesting!

1 comment:

  1. YAY I'm so happy things are going so well. Don't you just love having a midwife? It's just so much better then an OB, like nothing compares!

    YAY only a couple more months to go!

    ReplyDelete