Tuesday, August 4, 2009

28 weeks pregnant!

Ok, so I guess I need to start blogging now that we are settled in our house! Alot of things have been going on, I don't know where to start! First off, I decided that I wanted to give birth in a birth center and not in the hospital, actually I have kind of felt like this my entire pregnancy but Joe wasn't comfortable with the idea until just recently. So, it's taken a little bit but I have switched ONE more time to a midwife/naturopathic doctor who I absolutely love! We are totally on the same page, she gets me and that's an awesome feeling! The office that I switched from was just not for me, it wasnt what I thought it was. Come to find out, there was only one midwife from the practice that actually delivered and she was only on call one day a week, so I could see that that was just not going to work for me.

The kids are doing great! Just getting bigger and smarter everyday! They are getting very excited for the arrival of their new baby brother, they talk and sing to my belly all the time not to mention slather it with hugs and kisses! It's so cute, it just warms my heart!

We went up to Seattle this weekend and saw the aquarium, it was a blast! The kids loved all the exhibits, especially the touch pool, that was great, Joe and I liked it too, hehe! We saw all kinds of fish and ocean creatures, we saw seals and otters as well. It was a great experience to share as a family. Then we walked along the piers, went on a carousel ride, got lunch at Red Robin, yum, then went up to Pike's Place market. It was very neat to be able to watch the kids looking around and everything, there is so much to see. We stopped and watched a man on the street do a juggling show and then got some ice cream. We decided to start walking back to our truck and a mime stopped and did a little "show" for Alyssa, she didn't know what to think but it was great!

Ok, so for week 28, pregnancy is going well. Symptoms for this week:

Fundal Height: Measuring pretty right on, only about a week ahead. At 27 weeks, I measured 28, so that's good.

Total Weight gain:13 lbs

Blood Pressure: 120's/70's I think, at this last weeks appt, a little higher than normal but not bad.

Fetal Heart Tones: 140's

Complaints/Ailments From Me: Very loose hip joints, some pubic bone pain, occasional indigestion

Next appointment: Sat. Aug. 8th at 9am, i am going every 2 weeks now, yay!

Baby boy's position: Head down

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you guys are doing great! Don't you just love that area? There is sooooo much more to do, especially things as a family. I have missed it so much! I can't believe you are in your 3rd tri already. The rest of the time is just going to fly by! HUGS!

    ReplyDelete