Friday, February 27, 2009

Guilt, justice and midwives......

So I feel a little bad but after being with my OB Dr.'s office for over 6 years I think I am going to switch, that's right I'm doing a bad thing, I'm switching to a Midwife practice. I have my first MW appointment on the March 9th and depending on how it goes, it's kind of a little interview for me, I will switch. Don't get me wrong, I love my Dr. and the whole office but I don't like the protocol they have have for pregnant patients. I know it's her job to do what she does but i am looking for a more "free-spirited" if you will, approach to the whole birthing process. I wanted to switch when I was pregnant with Kaden, my second but I guess I was too chicken or something so I didn't. So, when it was my due date, she put a strict "Im only letting you go 1 week and then you're getting induced!" rule on me, which sounds fine to some people but to me, I really wanted to let my body do what it was suppose to do. Then getting to the hospital, you have to have all this unnecessary-for-the-moment stuff, which I just don't see any point in having, like having a hep-lock as soon as you get settled in, not necessary. Continuous fetal monitoring, not necessary. Just stuff like that. There is a time and a place for everything and I am not downtrodding modern-medicine, it's just it's not for me, although I will be advocating it in about 4 years when I get my RN degree, but that is also why after I get that I am becoming a certified midwife, so I can help other people like myself, who feel that medical intervention isnt always necessary.

I love mornings, sometimes, because I get to be creative and type out my blogs while my kids occupy themselves because they are in good moods because they just slept all night. I can sit and drink my tea and type my blogs or whatever while my kids play nicely with eachother and their toys, it's fun to watch them use their imaginations.

2 comments:

  1. Awesome on the Midwife, we are with a Midwife now too, and we love it WAY better then the OB. I really didn't like my OB, and with all my issues I've been having the Midwife seemed like the best way to go.

    You will enjoy it much more

    ReplyDelete
  2. Only you know what is best for you and this pregnancy. I'm glad you are doing what you want. I miss you.

    ReplyDelete